-> Engine/Performance/Electronics/Interior -> Three butts in a truck
Three butts in a truck
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
Tommy T.

I've read lots of posts about seating, but nothing that really helps my sitchiation.

I'm looking for options to get three in my 88 Xtracab. Just in a pinch though. Won't be something I do all the time. My original seats are shot, so an upgrade is coming.

There seems to be enough room in the back for a side-facing jumper? Anyone have experience with this?

I am also looking at a bench from a 93, but not sure if it will fit. I'm not opposed to a bench, if it's comfy.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
sgtbriangreen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

Best bet would be to get a bench seat from a regular cab truck. Putting a jump seat in the back of a 2nd gen extra cab would be extremely tight. I dont think there are provisions for a seat belt either. Im scrawny and I dont think I would fit back there.

North Carolina Army National Guard Recruiter

92 pickup "Plain Jane"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Tommy T.

Yeah, I'm looking into the bench. I know there are numerous threads about compatibility, but I can't find if a 60/40 from a 97 Taco will fit in my 88? If it will, what kind of modding is required, if any?

I'm also curious if anyone has removed the "shelf" from the back of an 80's model Xtracab and used that space to send the seats back a bit further?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Tommy T.

Update on my search and just FYI. I put a 60/40 bench from a 96 Tacoma in my 88. Ain't easy, have to fab a bit, but it does fit. I needed to remove the XtraCab shelf/box/thing from behind the seats and gained several inches of leg room. Good for me being 6'3'. Very Happy

If you do this seat swap, be sure to get the seat belts from the Taco too. You'll need them as the hookups are built-in the seats.
Three butts in a truck
-> Engine/Performance/Electronics/Interior