-> Wanted -> 2wd Toyota Pickup
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
2wd Toyota Pickup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




If any of you fawkers come across something on CList or another board shoot me a message. I'm looking to pickup a 2wd truck preferably an 85-95 5spd 22re. <$2500 I'll take a 4wd but really want the 2wd fuel mileage. Plus, I can't be trusted with a 4wd Toyota. :sawzall: :welder: driver Rock ya

Want to keep the miles off the CTS-V and have something to haul the mtn bike around in. Not in a huge rush but if a good deal comes along I'd be interested.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Yotaoffroad27
Resident Critic
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2643




I would keep an eye out for an early Tacoma too. A bit bigger truck with a few more HP. I gave 3k for mine.

_________________
DAWGTOY wrote:
i'm soft and cuddley and i spoon well.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




Yup...not opposed to those either but just trying to keep it under $2500. Sadly it seems like anything with a truck bed seems to be priced like its made of unobtanium recently...or its beat to sh&%t.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
DAWGTOY
Puppy Mill Maker
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Posts: 2684




chris i got a 85 2wd reg cab. nice body--real nice bed---bad engine.
it's a 4 speed truck but i got a 5 speed to go in it. i had planed on
rebuilding the engine / throwing in the 5 speed and flipping
it but i haven't gotten to it yet. it could be made into a real nice
truck with a little work.
if you make it to the work day you can check it out. won't take
much money to buy it as is with the 5 speed---less than a g i'd
say.




ballsack Laughing

_________________
new crawler in the works.
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




DAWGTOY wrote:
chris i got a 85 2wd reg cab. nice body--real nice bed---bad engine.
it's a 4 speed truck but i got a 5 speed to go in it. i had planed on
rebuilding the engine / throwing in the 5 speed and flipping
it but i haven't gotten to it yet. it could be made into a real nice
truck with a little work.
if you make it to the work day you can check it out. won't take
much money to buy it as is with the 5 speed---less than a g i'd
say.




ballsack Laughing


Hmmm...Looks like a trip to Shelby soon is in order lol. I'll be in touch Dawg.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Sleepy
Global Warmer
Global Warmer
 
Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 1931




Chris,

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4291040613.html

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4287102586.html

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4236811117.html

_________________
The Official NCTTORA Sissy Truck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




That T100 would be sweet but im pretty sure the 3.4 wasnt put into them until 95 so its still a 3.Kersplode


Last edited by StretchASU on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Sleepy
Global Warmer
Global Warmer
 
Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 1931




StretchASU wrote:
That T100 would be sweet but the 3.4 wasnt put into them until 95 so its still a 3.Kersplode


Can't fault me for trying! Laughing

_________________
The Official NCTTORA Sissy Truck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




Hahah. I appreciate it. As much time as I spend on the computer throughout the day, the last thing I feel like doing at night is sitting on the computer. lol

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Yotaoffroad27
Resident Critic
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2643




Chris jimmy has a 3tz fs that would be pretty nice in an 85. It would have good power and should get good mpg.

_________________
DAWGTOY wrote:
i'm soft and cuddley and i spoon well.
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




Yotaoffroad27 wrote:
Chris jimmy has a 3tz fs that would be pretty nice in an 85. It would have good power and should get good mpg.


That would be sweet and I have considered something like this. As much as I want a new project to mess with, I don't really have the time and more importantly the space to undertake anything.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Yotaoffroad27
Resident Critic
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2643




Motor mounts can be had for 150 and jimmy would sell you everything else you need. A solid day of wiring and bam. Robert is that truck efi already?

_________________
DAWGTOY wrote:
i'm soft and cuddley and i spoon well.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




Hmmm...I am listening sir.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
sgtbriangreen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 1353




Dawg's 85 with a puppy mill and 5 speed would run F O R E V E R. I have always thought that 2wd yotas with a small (1.5 BJ spacers, rear shakle) lift look great.

_________________
"Pro Rock Stacker"

North Carolina Army National Guard Recruiter

92 pickup "Plain Jane"
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




sgtbriangreen wrote:
Dawg's 85 with a puppy mill and 5 speed would run F O R E V E R. I have always thought that 2wd yotas with a small (1.5 BJ spacers, rear shakle) lift look great.


Agreed. A little prerunner action going on.

I have a line on a 3rd gen 2wd P/U with a 22re/5spd that I know is in good shape. I just have to talk him out of the truck since its one of those "someday" projects in his stable.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
DAWGTOY
Puppy Mill Maker
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Posts: 2684




carb.

_________________
new crawler in the works.
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




DAWGTOY wrote:
carb.


Ain't no thing...just wish I still had the magic carb from my last truck before it got Pane. That was one of the best running 22r carbs I've been around besides the one on the original Mangler.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Yotaoffroad27
Resident Critic
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2643




StretchASU wrote:
Hmmm...I am listening sir.


If you put a 3rz or heck, even a 2rz in that 85, all you would need is to get a fuel pump and plumb the lines to the left side of the engine bay. Run a w59 (Tacoma) bellhousing. Any bellhousing from any W or G series will fit any W or G series trans. You need the w59 because it fits the 3rz. Use the clutch and fly wheel from the 3rz, then there are maybe 30 wires that have to be connected to get it running. Who cares about emission crap. If you take it joe blows car shop and tell him its an 85 Toyota truck and you just need it inspected, odds are he wont even look under the hood. Heck, I would put money on it you know 5 people that would let it go no question, Dustin being one of them.


My old 3rz is in a 79 Toyota right now. The only thing you would have to check on it the oil pan. I know you have to change it to the T100 oil pan if its going into a 4x4, but I don't know about the 2wd swaps. The oil pan set up its around $200. You would run the Tacoma power steering pump, with the 85s pressure and return lines. You will have plenty of room and can keep the stock fan from the Tacoma.

3rz had 155hp, and 177ft lbs, a nice good running 22re will be what, 120hp and 140tq? The 3rz is just a big block 22re with a more refinements. Just ask jimmy, he will tell you its the best motor ever built by human hands LOL

_________________
DAWGTOY wrote:
i'm soft and cuddley and i spoon well.
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




Yotaoffroad27 wrote:
StretchASU wrote:
Hmmm...I am listening sir.


If you put a 3rz or heck, even a 2rz in that 85, all you would need is to get a fuel pump and plumb the lines to the left side of the engine bay. Run a w59 (Tacoma) bellhousing. Any bellhousing from any W or G series will fit any W or G series trans. You need the w59 because it fits the 3rz. Use the clutch and fly wheel from the 3rz, then there are maybe 30 wires that have to be connected to get it running. Who cares about emission crap. If you take it joe blows car shop and tell him its an 85 Toyota truck and you just need it inspected, odds are he wont even look under the hood. Heck, I would put money on it you know 5 people that would let it go no question, Dustin being one of them.


My old 3rz is in a 79 Toyota right now. The only thing you would have to check on it the oil pan. I know you have to change it to the T100 oil pan if its going into a 4x4, but I don't know about the 2wd swaps. The oil pan set up its around $200. You would run the Tacoma power steering pump, with the 85s pressure and return lines. You will have plenty of room and can keep the stock fan from the Tacoma.

3rz had 155hp, and 177ft lbs, a nice good running 22re will be what, 120hp and 140tq? The 3rz is just a big block 22re with a more refinements. Just ask jimmy, he will tell you its the best motor ever built by human hands LOL


I totally missed this response lol. But thanks dude thats good to know. Barring any unforseen changes, I'll be grabbing the new DD this week sometime.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Yotaoffroad27
Resident Critic
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2643




What is it?

_________________
DAWGTOY wrote:
i'm soft and cuddley and i spoon well.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251






Its an automatic...but the price was beyond right. I'll slowly collect parts for a 5spd swap later on when it becomes an issue.

Pretty fresh 22re. No puppymill but it runs well and has a good bit of power. Sounds like it needs a valve adjustment, or ive just forgotten how noisy the top end of a 22re is. Some hideous teal plaid seatcovers, bumpin newish Kenwood system lol. 4 big ol hellas on a tree hittin style bumper.

2 white Toyotas in the family now. The lady friend got an '11 Rav4 this weekend too.

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
sgtbriangreen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 1353




Ahhh the beginnings of another trail runner! Wont be long till it is on 33s with at least a locker and some sliders.

_________________
"Pro Rock Stacker"

North Carolina Army National Guard Recruiter

92 pickup "Plain Jane"
View user's profile Send private message
Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 4251




sgtbriangreen wrote:
Ahhh the beginnings of another trail runner! Wont be long till it is on 33s with at least a locker and some sliders.


Shhh...don't let it hear you.

I would love to be all optimistic about keeping this one in one piece. But lets be real... Laughing

_________________
16 Z71
CJ7
09 KTM 250SX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
2wd Toyota Pickup
-> Wanted
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  







Powered by phpBB © 2001-2003 phpBB Group
Theme created by Vjacheslav Trushkin