Featured Truck: GONOVRIT

NCTTORA Forum Index -> Suspension -> 05 Taco rear 3 link coils...need help with coils
05 Taco rear 3 link coils...need help with coils
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I8AJEEP
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

I am ne her say HI.
I have an 05 taco D-cab. the front is all ready SASed with 3 link and coil overs. My rear is pitiful and that is putting it nicely. as soon as I bought the truck I new I was going to re do the rear. I had planed to 3 link it and use coil overs. and just adjust the preload for set the rid height even with the front since it is all ready slammed and as the rear settled readjust.
So I am now in parts buying phase for the rear. I have my axel and links. the axel needs a few parts. mainly seals, bearings and brakes. It is a diamond LC9.5 with ARB and 4.88. It came out of Roams001 4runner. I have all ready checked the link position and geometry and it is good to go so I really really don't want to change anything about the links. However the links are set up around the coils and are very much in the way of coil overs unless I triangulate the, to center on the upper mount. / \ like that. I do not want to do that for road stability reasons so I am kind stuck with the coils.
I will have the original coils he used on his rear swap within the week.
what I am wondering is once I pull the trigger and the axel goes in is there a "scientific" method for determining what adjustments need to be made on the springs. I am use these for set up basically and adjusting off them but short of saying well I wish it were stiffer and a bit taller is there a graduated method for determining how much more spring rate or length?
Or am I pretty much stuck with buying and selling springs until I find what I like?

thanks in advance
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
sgtbriangreen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

I think last month's CRAWL had an article on coils. How to determine what spring rate you need based on vehicle weight.

North Carolina Army National Guard Recruiter

92 pickup "Plain Jane"
05 Taco rear 3 link coils...need help with coils
NCTTORA Forum Index -> Suspension