StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

He's YOUR cousin! Nuff said! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Got the hubs working finally. The dials were seized and the vac lines clogged. Greased the hubs and got them to work in the "Manual" position. The vac/autolock lines must still not be flowing properly so I will just rock out trail rig style and get out to lock the hubs.

TS Performance 6 Position chip will be here tomorrow along with a Boost Fooler. Stock, High Idle, 50, 75, 100, 140Extreme are the programs I got. Most users are seeing 2-4mpg increase with this programmer. As cold as it has been up here I have really wanted the High Idle mode just because the truck takes forever to come up to temp in the mornings. I have been leaving it plugged in at night and using more than is necessary of Diesel Fuel Supplement and haven't had a cold start issue yet. Even with temps in the single digits for multiple days in a row.

I'll take pictures of the install and hopefully have some MPG and Dyno numbers after Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

Sounds good man, I'll go ahead and tell South Bend to be expecting your call Laughing its only a matter of time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Cumminsdzl wrote:
Sounds good man, I'll go ahead and tell South Bend to be expecting your call Laughing its only a matter of time.

Laughing Somehow I expected this to be one of the first responses. I am hoping that some common sense will keep the factory one alive a while longer.

Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
xtoy_boy35
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

StretchASU wrote:
Cumminsdzl wrote:

Laughing Somehow I expected this to be one of the first responses. I am hoping that some common sense will keep the factory one alive a while longer.

lemme know how that works out Very Happy

'07 Chevy Duramax LBZ-4x4/ CC/ SB
'84 Toyota Extra Cab-4x4/ propane/ longs/ duals w/ 4.7/ UFAB tubework/ 38's yada yada...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

xtoy_boy35 wrote:
StretchASU wrote:
Cumminsdzl wrote:

lemme know how that works out Very Happy

Ask and ye shall receive....it hates anything more than the 50hp tune once its at full boost. 150k mi stock clutch....guess its to be expected.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Laughing Soo Carl, you were right. SouthBend got a call from me today.

I had some money set aside that I was going to spend on a GotPropane kit and tubing for the rig and just decided to bite the bullet and order a clutch. With a trip to Florida next week to see family and friends and a spring wheelin' season full of towing coming up I figured it be best to just get something that will handle the job.

1944-6OFEK Clutch kit with kevlar pilot bearing is on its way. The new kits from South Bend come with a new single mass flywheel and everything needed to do the job. After talking with Peter @ SouthBend he thought that the OFE Clutch would be a good fit to handle the towing and the mods that I have. Its rated for 450HP and 900TQ so its a bit overkill but it should hold up to some occasional jackassing.

Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
sgtbriangreen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

StretchASU wrote:
its a bit overkill but it should hold up to some occasional jackassing.

I call BS!

North Carolina Army National Guard Recruiter

92 pickup "Plain Jane"
Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

sgtbriangreen wrote:
StretchASU wrote:
its a bit overkill but it should hold up to some occasional jackassing.

I call BS!

Very Happy Dont you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!!! I can't help it that more people want to race me in this than anyone did when I had the M3! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

Sounds good Chris. It will be nice to put that power to the ground. Should be enough clutch without being a dual disk monster that sucks to drive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Cumminsdzl wrote:
Sounds good Chris. It will be nice to put that power to the ground. Should be enough clutch without being a dual disk monster that sucks to drive.

For a clutch that can hold so much power it is incredibly driveable. The softer pedal is still getting somegetting used to. Its ready for my trip to Florida this week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

The SouthBend clutch is the best thing I have ever done to a vehicle. 100hp tune on the street and it hooks up and will chirp 4th gear. This thing flat out scoots. Need to rebuild the starter since its being a little tempermental lately but that is about it. Just added some LED's to the tailgate and AVS In Channel Ventvisors today.

Some little things getting done to the truck this spring:
-Taking the front bumper back off and installing factory fog lights w/ smoked lenses and a marine 110v plug in the bumper for the block heater.
-Recon LED smoked tail lights
-Homebrew headache rack w/ LED Stop/Turn/Tail lights and Reverse Lights

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Sold the Chevy on Wednesday...FINALLY. Went down to the midget's today to do a little trailer shopping. Went really just to see what was out there and didn't plan on buying anything but we came across this at a local dealer that he had just got in that morning on trade-in.

18ft Equipment Trailer (16.5 w/ 1.5ft Dove)
2 - 6K Braking Axles
4 - Brand new tires
Center post jack
Fold up ramps
All wiring seems to work properly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
xtoy_boy35
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

right on man. should be perfect for ya...

'84 Toyota Extra Cab-4x4/ propane/ longs/ duals w/ 4.7/ UFAB tubework/ 38's yada yada...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

Sweet man, that should be a nice trailer. Nothing wrong with having some extra capacity to pull things other than a toyota.

You're getting your self set up right, a lot different from a 4runner pulling a single axle trailer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Thanks Kyle! Just trying to do things right this time around.

Pulled this thing down to Tanzania this weekend and it is great. Best decision I made in a while. Going to get it stamped, titled and tagged this week and get my brake box installed in the truck. Its going to be nice having those 2 braking axles.

Took the rig to the pressure washer for the first time in about 4 months and 4 trips. Man that was a lot of dirt...most was probably from Karl's HoneyHole at Tanzania. Just need to swap steering boxes this week and give Jordan his ported box back since I originally used it for mockup til he got his hydro assist stuff together.

Going to DPG this weekend and just have a small checklist:
-Swap steering boxes
-Beat the cab back out from where I crunched it at Mtn City
-Finish Grooving my Iroks
-Go over all my knuckle studs
-Bleed Brakes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Got a little break in the weather finally and most of the salt is washing off the roads so I gave "Clifford" a good cleaning today. Went for a drive on the parkway and snagged this shot.

There is a company making knockoffs of the Recon LED Tails for a third the cost. Going to order a set soon and see how they hold up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Kind of in the middle of a scheduled/unschedule maintenence cycle on this truck...

On the way to and from Harlan the steering started to feel a little "notchy" at time and the truck wandered more than normal. I knew it was time for ball joints and I figured that would solve it. It only got worse over the last two weeks. The power steering pump totally died last night on the way home from work. Got it swapped out and shes as good as new. These trucks tend to wear rear tires faster than most...and my right foot and programmer do not help the issue.

Got a group buy on a Moog ball joint kit. Uppers and Lowers with all the axle seals etc for a screamin deal. Those will be going on this week to complete the steering rebuild. Then finally...a tire rotation for the first time in 16k miles. Laughing The Adventuro AT's I have are less than stellar but you get what you pay for.

Its about to be time for some shocks too so I am considering a leveling kit and 315's...however fuel mileage is an issue. I am liking my 18-20mpg average (when I don't drive it like its my M3) and may just go back with an E range BFG AT in the 285 flavor and some Bilsteins all the way around.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Xentec 5k HID Headlight kit on the way as well as a 4" MBRP TurboBack exhaust.

Lucas up here at L&N Performance is going to get me set up with a Wicked Wheel compressor wheel for the turbo and re-balance the turbo here in the next week or two when he has an opening. That should fix the compressor surge issue and have the truck set for some lower EGT's too. Not that EGT's are an issue with the truck right now but I'd like the turbo to last as long as possible.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
xtoy_boy35
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

suhweet...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Lightly smoked the tail lights with Nite Shades before I decide to order the LED smoked tails which worked perfect. Still a little red shows through and doesn't distort the light very much at all. Also blacked out the rear bumper so no more chrome except the Lariat wheels.

Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Sleepy
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

StretchASU wrote:
Lightly smoked the tail lights with Nite Shades before I decide to order the LED smoked tails which worked perfect. Still a little red shows through and doesn't distort the light very much at all. Also blacked out the rear bumper so no more chrome except the Lariat wheels.

Looks nice Chris.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
codyjh
Stinky Muppet
Stinky Muppet

StretchASU wrote:

Liar. You're receiver ball is chrome!

Like I said earlier- well done with this build.

4:88's / Lock-right / Maxxis Bighorns
Unbreakable Fab Sliders, Front & Rear bumper
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Thanks guys. The HID's are in as well as the exhaust. The light output out of these headlights now is unreal. I recommend this upgrade to anyone. The whole kit is cheaper than a set of silverstars and is all plug and play. The exhaust isn't much more noticeable in sound, but I am seeing a 150-200 degree difference in lower EGT's under load. I'll get pictures up later.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Another new tow rig...
-> Tow Rigs