-> Suspension -> shock question
shock question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote
ncsutacoma
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

Tell me if I am figuring this right.... I need new shocks desprately (120k on stock) I am looking to get a set of 5100's for the rear and 5100 with adjustable spring seat for the front. I will be running about 2" of lift in the rear but have found a deal on slightly used 5100's made for 3" of lift. Since these shocks are a big longer than I need, extension will not be an issue, it will be compression. That said, I should be able to install a "taller" rear bump stop to prevent any damage to the shock upon compression. Is this true??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
slamunion
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

but then ya loose suspension flex. why would ya do that. just buy the correct shocks

2004 Double Cab, TRD
Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
ncsutacoma
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

I see your point, but my truck is prerunner, I doubt that a lil more compression is gonna be a big deal, now if it was 4x4 and taken off road hard core then I would definately go for an exact fit shocks. But the deal I found is easily justified with college life math. $150 plus shipping > $100 shipped.

slamunion wrote:
but then ya loose suspension flex. why would ya do that. just buy the correct shocks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
ncsutacoma
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

called wheelers about there 0-3" lift 5100 bils. they have one shock that works in any of that range for lift. these are the exact same shocks Im looking at buying. so seems it is the "right" shocks for the application. BTW passed ont he deal for $100, found some for $50 with under 1k on them. guy got them just recent and toyota bought back his truck with the rust issue so he put it back stock and is selling all his lift stuff.
shock question
-> Suspension