Featured Truck: bthelton

NCTTORA Forum Index -> Suspension -> Coil over SAS TACO?
Coil over SAS TACO?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Sapper6
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

Hey all I have a 99 Taco SAS. I am looking into going to coil overs on all 4 corners. I most likely will be back halfing and 4 linking the rear. I need some ideas for the front. I currently have toy leaves and a waggy D44 axle.

Thanks for any input.
Dave

99 Supercharged Tacoma, SAS Locked Front and Rear, Waggy front, 4.88 gears, Chromoly shafts front and rear, Twin stick transfer case, Crawler gears, Bed bobbed 13" On 40" IROK's , Frame reinforced, Massive Welded center skid. Gas tank in bed. Full hydro steering and high steer.
Re: Coil over SAS TACO?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Sapper6 wrote:
Hey all I have a 99 Taco SAS. I am looking into going to coil overs on all 4 corners. I most likely will be back halfing and 4 linking the rear. I need some ideas for the front. I currently have toy leaves and a waggy D44 axle.

Thanks for any input.
Dave

Minimum of 1/2" wall Lowers and 3/8" Uppers with the weight of your truck. If you wanted to go bling you can call up Branik Motorsports and they will machine and tap you some 7075 Aluminum links. Joints I would run would be Johnny Joints or 1.25" Cromo Heims.

Desired ride height and uptravel is going to determine what length/travel shock you are going to want. Unless youre trying to race the truck all the time off road a set of 2.5" Dual Rate Coilovers w/ an External Resevoir would do just fine. Probably back them up with a 4" 2.0 or 2.5 Air Bump.

The same thing goes for out back...weight distribution is going to determine what spring rates you are going to want for the best performance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
tacobuggy101
Beat down Taco Punisher
Beat down Taco Punisher

stretch has about covered your question of what to use but if your asking how to use them in the front you've got alot of options. A simple triangulated 4 link is pretty bullet proof but sometimes you'll run into clearance issues w/ your chassis because it wasn't planned for it. I've seen some guys have good luck with a panhard located 3-link. If on road stability is a concern you'll need to look into a quick disconnect anti-roll bar or one simular to the currie anti-rock setup. If I were you I would steer clear of radius arm, uni-ball, etc set-ups. Though some have had great success with them I guess there just not my cup of tea. Through the link in my signature line are some pics of a jeep with a super simple triangulated four link f/r. Check it out if your have some free time might get the creative juices going. . .

Take it easy, Jake

"It ain't done 'till its Jake Proof!"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Since you already have the truck together in its current form. See about getting it corner weighted before tearing it apart if you decide to run coilovers. It will help you get the most accurate spring rates the first time around.

Coil over SAS TACO?
NCTTORA Forum Index -> Suspension