PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
TUFF TACO
Wheeler
Wheeler

who makes the best?
who makes the cheapest?
who has the best of both worlds?
Or should i put together my own kit????

83 FLAT BED project- just getting started 33 tsls rear thornbirds front lincon locked rear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
83GeneralLee
Trails Conquered
Trails Conquered

After buying my SAS from all pro, I realized that it was a lot of money for stuff that I could've made. I dont know what kind of metal work you are capable of doing, but if you have access to the tool I would make the stuff your self. Put rears up front, make shock hoops, make shackles, make the front hanger, cut through frame between body mount for shackle mount, get chevies from a junk yard, and make spring hanger for rear. Buy the hy-steer and shocks and maybe the shackle bolts with spacers.

That would be the very difficult and time consuming route. If you dont have tools to do that and you want it done fairly quickly, then purchase the kit. From what I've seen, Trail-gear sell exactly what all-pro does except maybe a little lower quality steel for a few products but still a very good product. I've never had a problem with all pro but some people on the forum do not like them, I dont have a reason to bad mouth them yet.

With all that said, I would sell your 4runner and buy a solid axle pickup like I did. Gives thy a finger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
TUFF TACO
Wheeler
Wheeler

ive been thinking about doing that. but im a fabricator by trade and i kinda want the challange. i work at a race shop but have a very stuck up boss man. he really doesnt like us using the shop unless its something that will put money in his pocket. i also have access to a fab shop next door but theyre tools are so abused it would be a headache making everyting work the way i need it to. still thinking about finding a solid axle truck but preferably a 4 runner. i would like to haul some friends and tools and gear when i go wheeling.

83 FLAT BED project- just getting started 33 tsls rear thornbirds front lincon locked rear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
steelpothead
Novice Wheeler
Novice Wheeler

I got a set of frame bushing jigs from my SAS is you want them. I got my front spring hanger from Datin Off-Road on e-bay. $45 bucks. I'm pleased with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
zosimov21
Admin
Admin

check craigslist for some late body style runners if you want to start out with solidaxle truck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
TUFF TACO
Wheeler
Wheeler

yea i would like the jigs. pm me your phone number so we can meet up sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
TUFF TACO
Wheeler
Wheeler

no longer need this thread. just got a solid axle truck today

SAS kits
NCTTORA Forum Index -> Suspension