-> General Talk -> What is your... Goto page 1, 2  Next
What is your...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

dream rig setup? This topic got thrown around on one of the other boards I frequent when we got to talking about our dream Track Car...some really cool ideas got thrown around and it livened up the board some

Setting a budget of 100k, what would you do in the grand scheme of things starting from almost scratch.

Tow Rig: 2003-2005 5.9 HO 6SPD CTD 3500 - $20k
Trailer: 30ft Featherlite Enclosed Gooseneck - $20k
Home Shop: Mig, Tig, Bender, Notcher, Drill Press, Compressor, Press Brake, Air Tools, Lift - $10k (Shopping for used equiptment and assuming you already have a building to house this stuff)
Buggy: Two seater custom chassis, LS1, built auto trans, STAK, Rockwells, 47" LTB's and a ballin marine/Wakeboard sound system...no comp stuff here...I would rather ride with my buddies and have a seat so I can scare the crap out of a noobie or have a seat in case someone breaks. I would budget the remaining $50k here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

I'm trying to think what my dream setup would be, but I've changed my mind 27 times in the past 45 seconds Very Happy I'll eventually settle on one idea and post up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

cumminsdzl wrote:
I'm trying to think what my dream setup would be, but I've changed my mind 27 times in the past 45 seconds Very Happy I'll eventually settle on one idea and post up.

Haha...who gives a hoot...post it up, change it up...just trying to liven up this coffin... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
codyjh
Stinky Muppet
Stinky Muppet

My ideal setup is WAY under the 100k budget.

What I currently have is really all I will ever need.
It is dependable, does all the crazy stuff, and I can still ride her ass into town and get a lot of jealous looks.

My ideal rig: Jason's Mom! Shock

4:88's / Lock-right / Maxxis Bighorns
Unbreakable Fab Sliders, Front & Rear bumper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

I'm not going to get into the perfect tow rig and trailer deal, my mind changes on that WAY too much.

If we are just talking about wheeling rigs, i feel like i have it narrowed down to two different ideas.

I like the idea of 1st gen skinned buggy. All tube, but with fenders and bedsides hung on to keep it Toyota looking. Linked, coilovers, 100% percent fully built toyota 8" front and rear and maybe 38s. Either a supercharged 2.7 taco engine or a supercharged 3.4, either way have to keep it all toyota, and keep it LIGHT. The only problem i see is the axles holding up to twice or three times what a 22r puts out.

FJ40 hooded buggy, rockwells, 47 LTBs, LS7 from a C6 Z06, auto, loud, mean, expensive, and fast.

Either way, I like the idea of having enough up travel and axle trussing to be able to take some jumps. Seems like it would be fun to be able to launch it without worry every now and then. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

While all of the stuff i listed would be fun, i really can't complain about my current setup.

My Dodge will break the speed limit up every hill on the east coast pulling my rig. I wish it was a 6 speed, but if you keep it stock, the auto will last long enough, and i really have no complaints with the way it acts.

My trailer is light, but handles my truck perfectly and is really useful to me in other ways. I hook to it probably twice a week to move something around and other than some heavier duty tires, i like everything about it.

The Toyota is relatively cheap, goes good, holds up really good, and thats about all you can ask for. Its not pretty, and its not bling, but it works.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

cumminsdzl wrote:
The Toyota is relatively cheap, goes good, holds up really good, and thats about all you can ask for. Its not pretty, and its not bling, but it works.

Its always fun to see trucks like that showing people up though...it really is tough to complain about a setup like that. Add some pane and a little more tube and you will be set as long as that frame continues to hold up.

I would love to have my ideal setup but I know I will end up in a mini-truck I can flog the hell out of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote
83GeneralLee
Trails Conquered
Trails Conquered

My dream rig.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

83GeneralLee wrote:
My dream rig.

^ Laughing

Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

83GeneralLee wrote:
My dream rig.

Thats a nice setup for sure, all the mall crawling good looks of a jeep, all toyota drivetrain, super clean paint job, and some pretty sweet fog lights on the bumper. The only problem i see with it is a very small passenger compartment, either that or the dude driving is very large man. Either way, the driver's striking good looks have me captivated Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
97grntaco
Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

cumminsdzl wrote:
83GeneralLee wrote:
My dream rig.

Thats a nice setup for sure, all the mall crawling good looks of a jeep, all toyota drivetrain, super clean paint job, and some pretty sweet fog lights on the bumper. The only problem i see with it is a very small passenger compartment, either that or the dude driving is very large man. Either way, the driver's striking good looks have me captivated Cool

Laughing I can't see the picture at work, but I have a pretty good idea of what pic it is. Laughing

Rear: Re-Arched+AAL, Lift Shackles, Powertrax Locker, Rear Frame Re-Inforcements
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
rubiconrescue
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

tow rig..
99 F250 4door shortbed. 20's wrapped in 35 bfg's (leveling kit). banks kit and single stack on driver side.

32 foot 5th wheel wood deck

custom 4seater buggy diesel powered on mogs and 44 boggers with the little lugs taken out......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
vanguard
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

I'll play.

Tow rig: 4x4 Ambulance that can tow well and recover the trail rig if need be. It would also be a nice place to stay for the weekend.

Trail rig: Single seat rear engine comp buggy. (I change my mind on this a lot. Ideally I'd have more than one trail rig.)

Trailer: Just a 12' open trailer like mine.

Sometimes I think a 14' box truck would be a nice tow rig too. It would also work for securely storing the buggy when I'm not using it. However, I'm not interested in sleeping where I keep my trail rig. I've never had it *completely* leak-free so I just can' get on board with sleeping in an enclosed buggy space.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quote
xxxfirstgen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

Buggy-
trent fab 2 seater chasis
8.1,art carr th400, stax, MOGS, 47"LTBS, Stauns, 20" bling AL wheels, 8274(front),new warn with the air compressor rear, Mastercraft seats, 12v guy fancyness, huge tach, 150 hit of NOS....nasty AL lings with the biggest johnny joints made

Tow rig-
85 k30 4x4 dually camper special with a 24v cummins swap. Camper in bed.

Tralior-
My dads shitty 16F tag along with no brakes

Then with the remainder of the money I would buy a Russian mail order bride.

Last edited by xxxfirstgen on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total

www.Bentup.com
Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
CoonDogger
Golden Toyota Wrencher
Golden Toyota Wrencher

xxxfirstgen wrote:
Then with the remainder of the money I would buy a Russian main order bride.

+1 Dat's wut I'd do-do!

Political correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
codyjh
Stinky Muppet
Stinky Muppet

MAIL jeff MAIL.... not main. Or did you mean MALE order bride.

Nothing like a hermaphrodite! yumm!

I have been thinking....and my ideal rig still stays the same as I previously posted! It truly doesn't get any better.

4:88's / Lock-right / Maxxis Bighorns
Unbreakable Fab Sliders, Front & Rear bumper
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 am Reply with quote
xxxfirstgen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

I fixed my typo.....sorry about that

www.Bentup.com
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
ColdRunner
Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

my dream set up right now would be a trailer to haul my runner on, anything to pull it with and a suit case full of cash for gas money.

And if the dream ferry wants to throw in some longfeilds then that would rock. Then i would no longer be a web crawler Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
ncsutacoma
Webwheeler
Webwheeler

Tow rig : 2000 or so year model 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Alison with all the bells and whistles, chip, and straight pipe...

Trail rig : my current truck but SAS and supercharger, headers and true duals, swap auto out for a manual and dual cases, arb front bumper, demello style sliders and wrap around bumper.

not 100k but its not about how much money you spending, its about spending what do spend the right way, IMO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
paradisepwoffrd
Trails Traveled
Trails Traveled

well i think im like kyle and cant decide but....

Tow Rig: 67-72 Chevy 4x4 dually with cummins swap and a ton of new creatur comforts

Rig: 2 seater version of "Fat girl" with a LS7 and 44"+ stickies

Trailer: 5th wheel camper with room in the back for the rig and mini road shop...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
xxxfirstgen
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

[quote="paradisepwoffrd"]Tow Rig: 67-72 Chevy 4x4 dually with

cummins swap and a ton of new creatur comforts

Your tow rig aint got sh&%t on mine

www.Bentup.com
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
paradisepwoffrd
Trails Traveled
Trails Traveled

haha, I think the 67-72 look a ton better.... but the crew cab is nice, I just havent seen one in those years that i like.....

so maybe Ill change it to a 67-72 burb/pickup crew cab restomod blend with a cummins swap... and 37s on 20s....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
machine380
Wheeler
Wheeler

My dream rig is my rig, with diffrent engine and tranny and tires and front driveshaft and better speakers and A newer REDBULL sticker. Also diffrent sliders and rear bumper, but I would keep my dana44 in the front just cause some people hate it. LOL! Almost forgot A new cd case so my cd's will stop getting scratched up in the dash. Very Happy To make it complete, someone riding behind me in one of the rigs some of you guys listed, loaded down with parts and tools to fix my truck when I break it. That in it's self is priceless. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

machine380 wrote:
To make it complete, someone riding behind me in one of the rigs some of you guys listed, loaded down with parts and tools to fix my truck when I break it. That in it's self is priceless. Laughing

Thats why you have a 4Runner...massive area for parts hauling in the back! and broken D44 shafts cuz they suck and so do you! Laughing

Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
machine380
Wheeler
Wheeler

StretchASU wrote:
machine380 wrote:
To make it complete, someone riding behind me in one of the rigs some of you guys listed, loaded down with parts and tools to fix my truck when I break it. That in it's self is priceless. Laughing

Thats why you have a 4Runner...massive area for parts hauling in the back! and broken D44 shafts cuz they suck and so do you! Laughing

Hey, those 44 shafts keep it interesting, and the back of that 4runner is for the ladies, or to be more specific your lady Very Happy Whats her name again? Nasty

-> General Talk