Featured Truck: GONOVRIT

NCTTORA Forum Index -> Wrenching -> New play toy!!!!!!!!
New play toy!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
ORV Design and Fab
Douche Wagon

Well, I have been dabbling in getting a plasma table, looking online, reading reviews and forums and after talking to some intelligent folks on the www I found a plasma table. Great price and combo package. Great guy and barely has any time on it. Still has 2years of warranty that transfer over to me so I can't be happier with the purchase. Check it out.

It came with so much extra stuff. Extra hvac cad software, the water table...a venting system so the dust doesn't go into the air, computer, desk, instructions and Manuel's.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote
*darcy*
Trails For Life
Trails For Life

ORV Design and Fab wrote:

and Manuel's.

He threw in a Mexican with it? Awesome Very Happy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ORV Design and Fab
Douche Wagon

Two!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
ORV Design and Fab
Douche Wagon

Almost 3 years and I have wired up the shop for the table and got it going. I have spent a couple hours tuning the cutter And overall veeybhappy with it. This is .095 mild steel, so I still have to change settings for 1/4" but I am wanting to get time in with the design sodtware, it is coming together nicely. I have used fonts and changed aspects of designs to fit and manipulate designs. So here's some pics.

I would say the first time turning on the machine and 3 hours into it I had these and getting clean cuts. Just bevels and design issues to work out.

Dross is still on the back side but can be knocked off without much effort. Don't think it can be eliminated with my cutter. But I'm not worried about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
DAWGTOY
Puppy Mill Maker

how thick can you cut?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:56 am Reply with quote
ORV Design and Fab
Douche Wagon

My cutter is limited to 3/8" but I've cut 1/2" with hand held. I looked and they said it is capable but no piercing and holes in 1/2". It would kill my consumables quickly...and consumables are not cheap. So I'll be drilling or getting a friend with a water jet to be doing my 1/2". But I am going to be cutting out some big wrenches for my work. We shall see. If you need anything cut lat me know dawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
DAWGTOY
Puppy Mill Maker

ok cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Pretty sweet that you got it up and running. It looks like its producing a pretty good finished part without a lot of cleanup needed. I know you said you spent some time tuning the cutter. Is the feed rate set in the program based on material thickness or is that something you have tinkered with to get a cleaner finished edge?

I'm in no position to need a machine right now, but only dream of not having to order tabs and brackets one day. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
ORV Design and Fab
Douche Wagon

Stretch the tuning has to do with multiple details:
Pierce delay
Pierce height
Cut height
Cut speed
Z axis height(down and up) between and before and after cuts and much more,
Cutter has speed changes too
Everything up top has speeds changes or you can x out to not use them.
Speed change for corners, holes, tight designs to be more detailed. It also has the auto height control ...this is a added feature for when metal warps and raised off the table alil it will read the voltages and raise and lower to keep consistent voltages at the cutter, it reads the current changes and knows that the metal is coming closer to the nozzle and raised the cutter to conpensate...I know that this isn't the best description but it works well. Here is 3/16 plate I cut last night for shock tabs.

This is the first ten I cut...had to make the diameter bigger is was a few .000 shy of half inch

There is a lot more to learn but my 40amp machine is holding up. I haven't done a lot of cutting but I haven't had to change consumables. There is no telling how long these consumables have been used. At least one first gen build and maybe 2 so I am hoping it will not be a huge cost for me to operate the table. The thicker the material the quicker the consumables will wear out but that is to be expected. I'll have a measurement the next set of consumables. The table tracks run time...and cutter time. So it'll be interesting to see

NCTTORA Forum Index -> Wrenching