-> Sellers -> 1996 Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab 4x4
1996 Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab 4x4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
jaemory88

For sale is my beloved 1996 Extended Cab 2.7Liter 4 cylinder, 5 spd. Toyota Tacoma 4x4. I am selling due to an expanding family and the need for a larger vehicle. I am the second owner and the original owner is a close friend. I know where this truck has been every day of its life.
The truck has 265k miles on it and runs like a top. The odometer reads 189k, the original owner replaced the odometer at 74k because it stopped working ( I still have the original odometer to prove it) This truck was bought by me 10 years ago and had 120k on it. Both myself and the previous owner have always used Mobil 1 Synthetic blend motor oil and Toyota oil filters for the life of this truck. I also run AmsOil fluids in the transmission, transfer case, and differentials. In 2009 I installed 4.56 gears with lockers front and rear on this truck. The truck originally came with 3.58 gears from the factory. The truck has a great power band and is very capable and gets a consistent 19mpg all the time no matter how you drive it. Manual locking hubs. It has 255/85R16 (33x10) BFG KM2s on 16 inch stock 4 Runner 5 spoke wheels. I installed new Toytec Coilovers on the truck in 2010. The coilovers are adjustable from 0 -3.5 inches of lift and is currently sitting at 2 inches of lift. It has Bilstein shocks all the way around. The truck has a hard mounted brush guard and led fog lights. I wired a 55w spot/flood light into the reverse light circuit 5 years ago to provide more light when in reverse (automatically comes on in reverse) - the light is on a three way switch so that you can leave it off, turn it own manually, or only turn it on when the truck is in reverse. It has had a bed liner in the bed for the life of the vehicle. The truck also has a Class III Reese Hitch installed by the previous owner. He only pulled his 17ft boat and I pull a 16ft aluminum Jon Boat for about a year.
The gray interior is in great shape, manual locks and windows (nothing to break), rear sliding glass. All gauges work and the A/C blows colder than my wife's 2009 VW, you literally don't want to run it on wide open. The driver's seat has the typical side tear in the fabric It has an Alpine Head unit, kicker tweeters and door speakers, Memphis audio rear speakers, amp for the door speakers, and a Planet audio subwoofer with amp (all this was installed around 7-8 years ago when in college. It also has a Marine Grade Blue Top Optima Battery.
This truck has been built right and I will sorely miss my baby when I sell it. But family takes precedent. I and the previous owner (70+ yr old) have always used Toyota factory parts when the typical issues occurred. This truck is one of a kind and has amazing off road capability.
Over the past few years I have replaced:
All upper and Lower Ball Joints (2015)
All Universal Joints (2014)
Tie Rods
Wheel Bearings (2015)
Replaced the Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold with a 2004 Tacoma Solid Steel Header(factory new)
Clutch (6 years)
Slave Cylinder (2014)
Complete rebuild of rear brake components (2015)
New front rotors and pads (2013)
All new belts (2013) -- I keep the old ones in case an emergency occurs on the highway.
Weather Guard floor mats
New Emergency Brake line (2014)
The only current issue with the truck is a leaky seal for the power steering.
I also have the complete Toyota Factory Service Manual electronically. All parts and maintenance has been completed by myself or the a friend of mine who is a ASE Certified Toyota Mechanic . I have a commuter car now so in the past 2 years I have probably put 10k miles on the truck. I am asking $8k OBO.

4.56 Locked F & R
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
jaemory88

text me at 252-560-3204

4.56 Locked F & R
1996 Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab 4x4
-> Sellers