-> Pictures / Media -> Harlan: March 19-22, 2015
Harlan: March 19-22, 2015
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Link to the gallery in my photobucket for this event.
http://s907.photobucket.com/user/StretchASU/Harlan%20-%20March%202015/story

Had a great time in Harlan with everyone.

Left Bahama around 10am on Thursday with Robbie and went to Fred's to grab the bigger 8lug trailer. The spares for Robbies weren't able to come in time so we elected to make the pull with the other one when Justin offered it up. Swapped trailers and started going up to Boone to grab lunch, drop my dog off with my old roommate and see some friends. Blew an intercooler boot off on the climb up 321. Stopped, fixed it, found out one of the trailer tires had a plug in it that was leaking. Went to Boone and saw our friends at Alray tire who patched the hole. Saw some friends, had some good food and started truckin toward Harlan. Making the pull from Foscoe up to Banner Elk and the boot came off again but just barely. Stopped, fixed it and kept on rolling. I just babied it and kept it from building too much boost. The rest of the trip to Harlan was uneventful. Got in and met Josh and Mel at Lupe's and unpacked, unloaded and cracked some beers.

Friday:
Got up and messed around in town waiting for everyone to get there. I think the majority of us all fixed stuff before we even hit the trail. Laughing All stupid little things. Sam's starter acted up. Norton's fuel pump relay came loose. While fixing Sam's starter issue I heard one of his tires leaking. Josh's buggy wasn't running properly all of a sudden. Justin's 45 was making weird noises from the power steering pumps. And this was the trip that most of us felt more prepared for than ever. Hit the trail: Railbed, Fish Fossil, Lower Rock Garden, ValveStem (used to be Big Perm), Grapevine, Middle Rock Garden, Lower Damnation, Crawfords Cry, Lower Damnation, Pony Hill. JT basically one shotted Pony Hill in the turbo busa buggy. We all ran or attempted most of these. Cassidy ran the majority of these on his 1987 CR500. A badass on a dirtbike for sure. No night ride but we went back into Harlan for dinner and to celebrate "JT's Birthday", well at least thats what we told the staff. Came back and cracked some more beers and just hung out BS'ing around the house.

Saturday: Got up and hit the trail around 930 to head out to Mason Jar. Hopped in with JT since my junk was broken and we got out to Stadium and had what sounded like an exhaust manifold leak. Found the leak and it was at the flange so we went back to town to Larry's to get welded up. Fixed it and hauled ass back up the trail at Mach 90 only to blow the line off the oil cooler and pump most of the oil out of the engine. I flagged down a group of RZR's to run me back to town for oil, happens they are all from Raleigh/Durham area. Laughing Small world. Get JT's buggy all topped off with oil and hauled ass and caught everyone just before the exit of Mason Jar. As soon as we rolled up, a rock ripped the valve stem out of JT's left rear wheel...walk back down the trail and its laying there next to the rock intact. Put the valve stem back in, air up and we are on our way. Winch fest in Lions Den. Its really dug out at the tree/rock pinch. Tons of hilarity and sh&%t talking. Geoff beat the hell out of the Samurai and even turned around in the middle of Lions Den, drove back to the big ledge at the entrance, turned around again and went for a re-do. This was all after he flopped 3x and drove out of each one just to get into the trail. Went down and ran Grapevine and Middle Rock Garden again. Railbed for those who hadn't hit it the day before. Little Jagger was attempted by a few. Went back to town for dinner and then went back out for a night ride Lower Damnation, Killin time, Lower and Upper Profanity and called it a night.

Trip back was fairly uneventful and got home to spend an hour with the pressure washer getting all the mud off the 4Runner. Looking forward to sorting out the bugs and getting ready for the next one.

Last edited by StretchASU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
DAWGTOY
Puppy Mill Maker

glad you guys had a good time and everyone was safe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

So a guy pulled up at work earlier today and had an XP900 covered in mud on his trailer. He came in my office to order some parts and i asked him where he had been riding. Turns out he just got back from Harlan over the weekend. He was in the group that ran you back to town for oil. Laughing

He lives about 3 miles from me, i go past his house 3-4 times a week. Small world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
5keepers
Chapter President

Dang

DAWGTOY wrote:
what ever you do don't google KY wrestlin match.
Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Cumminsdzl wrote:
So a guy pulled up at work earlier today and had an XP900 covered in mud on his trailer. He came in my office to order some parts and i asked him where he had been riding. Turns out he just got back from Harlan over the weekend. He was in the group that ran you back to town for oil. Laughing

He lives about 3 miles from me, i go past his house 3-4 times a week. Small world.

Yup. The guy that I hitched a ride with is the brother of the guy that owns NCBDiesel or whatever that shop name is. It was a sweet XP1K. Nice group of people for sure. When I found out a few of them were from up your way, I asked them if they knew RaceKarl Jeffries but they said no. Step your game up man. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Cumminsdzl
Down in It
Down in It

Thats Ben Blackwell you rode with. The guy that i talked to lives almost across the street from him. Small world.

Should have told them you know Dustin Moore, every one of them fawkers knows Dustin. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

Cumminsdzl wrote:
Should have told them you know Dustin Moore, every one of them fawkers knows Dustin. Laughing

I did. Thats the damn truth. Haha!

Harlan: March 19-22, 2015
-> Pictures / Media