-> Engine/Performance/Electronics/Interior -> bad miss and little power need help.
bad miss and little power need help.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
92illpony
Trails Conquered
Trails Conquered

I decided to do a partial tune up since i had the parts the other day. I changed the cap and rotor. Started it up and it ran fine. Didn't drive it though. I went to leave the next morning and it had a miss under load. Once it warmed up it had almost no power and was missing so bad it wasn't driveable. Came home and put the old cap and rotor on with same results. Changed plugs and all looked the same. All cylinders are firing and i put new plugs on. Checked the codes and i had the o2 sensor that was present when i got it from brian. I also had a TPS code. Checking the tps ended up being bad and when i pulled it there were chunks taken out of the case and had been sealed up by someone. It also had the IDL pin wasn't connected to the circuit inside. You could pull it out about an 1/8" or so. I checked the timing with the pins shorted and it was a zero. I set it to 5degrees like i've read and i replaced the TPS. Replacing the TPS got rid of the code but still runs like crap. I played with the timing a little but still runs like crap. I'm lost as to what to try. Looking for a computer from someone local and want to see if its that.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:44 am Reply with quote
Notailyol

I really Read Ee quite useful too.
bad miss and little power need help.
-> Engine/Performance/Electronics/Interior