Puppy Mill Maker

has anyone on this site got new insurance thru obcare website
yet?
just wanting some opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
StretchASU
Resident Ass Mullet
Resident Ass Mullet

I can never get it to work...just like most of the people that support him. Very Happy

My old plan was $120 out of pocket every month for incredibly good coverage. Med, Dental, Life. Same one on O-Care was going to run me $300+. Still contemplating what my next move is going to be, but with policy changes and lies and this ever changing "healthcare market, its about as clear as mud as to what is affordable and is a plan worth my money.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
DIRTYD
Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

I will go without healthcare before I get on O-Care. Just my two cent's. I don't support the system that is as crooked as the one we have today. I sure as hell ain't gonna be a part of it. There are some people who need to be on the system. Some that have earned there way to have government benefit's and some that are disabled and cannot do but so much for themselves that should be on the system. There are to many people on the system that should not be. That is why there are so many people out there that NEED the system that cannot get care. It's wrong. I will stop here before I get started.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
*darcy*
Trails For Life
Trails For Life

We haven't, and don't plan on logging on to that website ... the way i see it is if you even sign up to look at the pricing, thats how they get you with the fines/etc.

regardless, i'm currently covered under colin's co. coverage (the union job that laid him off back in august offered to cover me through the pregnancy) ... but i've been looking at BlueCross/BlueShield coverage for baby once he gets here and the price changes are ridiculous. Hopefully we'll get back on an employer plan before then, but just for comparison sake -

current coverage has $500 deductible/($1000 max per family), then covers 80% of most doctor visits, etc (this cost us about $200/month thru employer)

"New" plans are $2500-5000 deductible/per person ... and then at most 50% coverage for costs after that. (this would cost +450$/month with just me and baby covered)

So we are going from about $3,000 / year for coverage (monthly+deductible) (annual exams/dental/vision are included in this cost)

to a MINIMUM of $8,000 - $11,500 / year for care... and thats before any actual coverage sets in. (no dental/vision or annual exams included).

and this is supposed to be affordable, HOW?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
DIRTYD
Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

Is that $450.00 including the baby? If so I would jump all over it.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
BUBBA
Global Warmer
Global Warmer

Haven't even tried getting on the website.This "affordable" care is costly.Currently I'm on my wife's insurance.Decent coverage,co-pay dr visits,1500 yearly deductible per person,for a family of 5.Cost around 400 a month.But beginning Jan 1 I'm being kicked off as the new law doesn't require insurance company's to provide spousal coverage.Not only that,the deductible is going up to 4200 a yr per person.How is that affordable?So now I have to have my on separate policy through my work with is gonna cost about another 160 bucks a month with a 3500 deductible.

I dunno what to do. Confused